Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Final Tech Blog Post - Reflections

In the beginning of this summer session, I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive about and intimidated by technology. I barely knew what a Smartboard is, and I never thought I'd be blogging. As we have learned the benefit of collaboration in the school setting, it has corresponded well to the technology that allows for this (Web 2.0). I feel that the overview we received was comprehensive and easily applicable to the direction in which education is moving. As we move forward as future teachers and think about how education is changing in terms of globalization and collaboration, we can utilize technology to the fullest extent as long as we remain comfortable and knowledgable.
It is hard to predict what we, as special educators, will be utilizing in our work as teachers, but the class has given me a good foundation with which to work. I may not be able to use my Smartboard presentation in student teaching, but I am not going to be intimidated by it if/when I am presented with the opportunity.
I feel more inclined to incorporate technology in my teaching as I feel that it goes hand in hand with the type of education I would like my students to receive. I want my students to have a well-rounded experience, learn to think for themselves and to problem-solve, be able to cooperate and work well with their peers, and take initiative to develop and answer questions.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after browsing through a few of the articles I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm certainly delighted I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete